Yoga for Depression
Yoga for Depression
The mental strength of an individual is one of the crucial parts of his life. If an individual is unable to have robust mental health, then it might take a toll on his life. Most of the experts’ advise patients to know their condition, especially that of the mental state. This makes it essential for an individual to consult an experienced mental health specialist and receive quality medical treatments. Doctors diagnosing and treating depressive disorder treatments utilize a wide range of treatments such as medications, psychotherapy, and counseling sessions. Now, patients are also opting for yoga sessions to bring positive change in their lives. As per one of the latest researches conducted by the Harvard Mental Health Letter has listed several benefits of yoga. Here are some of the benefits of yoga which work in favor of patients with depressive disorders.
- Get rid of stressful events and eventually reduce the effects of stress on the physical and mental health
- Certain specific yoga poses work on easing the visible symptoms linked with depression and anxiety
- Boosts the energy levels of the body when performed regularly
- Provides a self-soothing approach to the patients diagnosed with depression
Yoga poses to treat depression:
There are different types of recommended yoga poses for depression, which has proven themselves to be an effective solution for depressed patients. Here are some of the most useful yoga poses to treat depression.
- Paschimottanasana to Halasana: This yoga pose for depression treatment is also known as seated forward bend to plow pose. The yoga pose has helped several patients across the globe to bring relief in the anxiety disorder. Another way it brings a positive impact on the patient and makes him alive.
- Adho Mukha Svanasana: This active yoga pose with depression works on the body in two ways. Anxiety levels in the body are reduced significantly over time with regular performing of the downward-facing dog pose. This yoga pose has a certain amount of anti-gravity aspects that need to be balanced while performing yoga.
- Balasana: Balasana is the yoga pose which is also known as the child’s pose. This baby pose yoga brings in a positive effect on the spinal muscles and nerves. The child’s pose relieves stress from the body, after that improving the mental status of the depressed patient.
- Salamba Sarvangasana: This yoga pose will make your shoulder hold the weight of the entire body while performing the yoga pose to relieve stress and tension from the body. The shoulder stand pose also contributes to improving and maintaining balance in the nervous system and endocrine system.
- Urdhva Dhanurasana: Urdhva Dhanurasana, also known as upward facing bow pose. This one of the types of yoga poses that improve circulation in the body. Also, the individual who is performing the yoga pose can receive the next level of overall well-being.
Thus, yoga for depression is one of the most effective solutions which will gradually improve the mental and physical state of the patients. Depression must be dealt in the right manner under the guidance of the mental health specialist and psychologists who are well-experienced in treating patients with depression.