Homeopathy for Sleep Disorder
Sleep is an opportunity for body to rest and sleep. It helps our body recover from the day’s activities and leads to improved memory and brain function. People who suffer from sleep disorders cannot take advantage of this opportunity, which is why they end up being restless and tiresome the next day.Sleep disorders are characterized by the inability to get sufficient and / or restful sleep. Sleep disorders range from insomnia, to sleep apnea, to somnambulism, to night terrors, to restless leg syndrome, to narcolepsy, and even sexomnia.
The homeopathy can be an extremely beneficial alternative for treating this disorder and avoid resorting to sleeping pills that can be addictive. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat sleeplessness, but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility of the patient. Homeopathic remedies are useful during episodes of insomnia, and may also help individuals with longer-standing sleep disorders.There are many homeopathic remedies which cover the symptoms of sleep disorders and can be selected on the basis of presenting symptoms, their cause and the individual characteristics of the patient. Homeopathic remedies stimulate your immune system to fight off the disease.
Below are some homeopathic remedies for sleep disorders:
- Kali Phos – sleepless after worry, excitement or from nervous causes
- Aconite – insomnia caused by bad news or grief
- Chamomilla- For children unable to sleep, due to pain or excitement or angry.
- Arnica- useful for jetlag
- Pulsatilla – Can’t get to sleep until after midnight, then wakes up around 3 a.m.
- Ignatia- Sleeps so light that he hears everything. Dreams all night of the same subject.
- Belladonna – Sleep is extremely restless due to congestion in the head.
- Lachesis – sleep problems during menopause
- Phosphorus – Sleeplessness from excitement or anxiety.
- Valeriana – Disturbed sleep (patient only able to fall asleep towards morning) with tossing, and anxious and confused dreams
- Sepia – exhausted and depressed by overwork and mental stress.
For individualized remedy selection and treatment of sleep related problems, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person.