- Treatment of Heartburn
- Homeopathic Treatment of Heartburn
- Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Heartburn
- Psychotherapy Treatment of Heartburn
- Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Heartburn
- Surgical Treatment of Heartburn
- Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Heartburn
- Other Treatment of Heartburn
- What is Heartburn
- Symptoms of Heartburn
- Causes of Heartburn
- Risk factors of Heartburn
- Complications of Heartburn
- Lab Investigations and Diagnosis of Heartburn
- Precautions & Prevention of Heartburn
Treatment of Heartburn
Homeopathic Treatment of Heartburn
Homeopathic therapy stimulates your own effective defence mechanism, your immune system, into action to combat heartburn causing factors and this leads to eradicate them. Some of the homeopathic remedies used for treatment of heartburn are:
- Nux vomica
- Arsenicum album
- Carbo vegetabilis
- Natrum carbonicum
Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Heartburn
Acupuncture alleviates pain and suffering and returns the body back to normal functioning. For heartburn the point that acupuncturist use is on the wrist. Treatments are usually once or twice a week. Tiny needles are inserted; they are moved to a certain depth, depending on the ailment. These needles can be stimulated with heat or electricity. They also may be moved slightly to stimulate the pathways.
Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy Treatment of Heartburn
Psychotherapy and hypnotherapy can help in stress relief. They can help in better coping and early relief.
Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Heartburn
In the allopathic treatment medicines like H2 receptor antagonists that content Tagamet and Zantac, or PPI drugs (proton pump inhibitors) like Nexium and Prilosec are recommended. These are the main types of the allopathic acid suppressors. These medicines reduce the production of the stomach acid in the human body.
Surgical Treatment of Heartburn
- Fundoplication – Fundoplication is the standard surgical treatment for heartburn. The purpose of the surgery is to reduce heartburn due to acid reflux.
- Radiofrequency Treatment – A minimally invasive endoscopic procedure that’s performed on an outpatient basis, the Stretta Procedure is used to treat heartburn.
Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Heartburn
- Avoid citrus, tomato products, and other acidic foods
- Reduce fatty foods
- Drink non-citrus fruit juices (apple, grape, etc.) and hot or cold herbal tea
Other Treatment of Heartburn
- To a glass of water add one teaspoon of lemon and a pinch of soda and stir it well. This provides instant relief in case of heartburn.
What is Heartburn
Heartburn is the symptom of acid reflux and GERD; however, not everyone with acid reflux has heartburn and not everyone with heartburn has acid reflux. It is a burning sensation in your chest, just behind your breastbone. Heartburn pain is often worse when lying down or bending over.
Symptoms of Heartburn
- A burning feeling in the chest just behind the
- Heartburn occurs more than twice a week
- Chest pain, especially after bending over, lying down or eating
- Burning in the throat Difficulty swallowing
- Chronic cough, sore throat, or chronic hoarseness.
Causes of Heartburn
- When acid reflux backs up into the esophagus
Risk factors of Heartburn
- Carbonated beverages
- Fried and fatty food
- Chocolates and coffee
Complications of Heartburn
- Severe inflammation in the esophagus
- Severe narrowing of the esophagus
- Barrett”s esophagus
Diagnosis of Heartburn
Diagnose of the heartburn includes the following tests:
- An X-ray of your upper digestive system
- Endoscopy to examine the inside of your esophagus
- Ambulatory acid (pH) probe tests to identify when, and for how long, stomach acid regurgitates into your esophagus.
- Esophageal motility testing measures movement and pressure in the esophagus
Precautions & Prevention of Heartburn
- Allow your food to digest before lying down
- Avoid late night snacks
- Reduce alcohol
- Stop smoking
- Eat smaller, more frequent meals
- Eat slowly
- Don’t wear belts or clothes that are tight fitting around the waist.
For Treatment of Heartburn in New Delhi Gurgaon Noida Faridabad NCR India or Online Treatment of Heartburn Contact Us or Fill Up Form