- Treatment of Constipation
- Homeopathic Treatment of Constipation
- Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Constipation
- Psychotherapy Treatment of Constipation
- Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Constipation
- Surgical Treatment of Constipation
- Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Constipation
- Other Treatment of Constipation
- What is Constipation
- Symptoms of Constipation
- Causes of Constipation
- Risk factors of Constipation
- Complications of Constipation
- Lab Investigations and Diagnosis of Constipation
- Precautions & Prevention of Constipation
Treatment of Constipation
Homeopathic Treatment of Constipation
A homeopathy treatment can help you get rid of constipation and that too permanently. Following are some useful homeopathic remedies for constipation.
- Nux Vomica
- Bryonia Alba
- Opium Graveolens
- Calcarea carbonica
Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Constipation
Acupressure is a traditional healing practice that involves the application of finger pressure to specific acupuncture points on the body. The pressing on the point produces the urge for bowel movement, sometimes as quickly as within ten minutes.
Psychotherapy and hypnotherapy Treatment of Constipation
Constipation is a stress related condition and Psychotherapy and hypnotherapy is an excellent aid to help control emotional stress. Psychotherapy combined with relaxation and removal of stress was considered along with the personality of the patient before the outbreak of chronic digestive disorders. It was suggested that unknown emotional conflicts such as depression and mental ability may influence the course of these diseases.
Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Constipation
Conventional treatment for constipation involves mainly increasing exercise and intake of Dietary & Herbal fiber and water, while reserving laxatives, suppositories, and enemas for emergencies. Rhubarb is commonly used in allopathic medicine for its purgative properties. Rhubarb is typically used in simple cases of constipation, and it has no effect in chronic constipation.
Surgical Treatment of Constipation
Surgical treatment is suggested for young patients with severe slow transit constipation refractory to conservative treatment. Confirmation of indication to surgical treatment requires studies of colonic and anorectal function. Preferred surgical technique is colectomy with ileorectal anastomosis. Postoperative complications include intestinal obstruction, abdominal pain, flatulence, diarrhea.
Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Constipation
- Diet rich in cellulose or fiber
- Consume fruits and vegetables and whole grains or cereal such as wheat, oats, rye, corn, rice, etc
Other Treatment of Constipation
Constipation is a common problem. Every person in their lifetime faces this problem at some point in time. As most of the yoga postures focus on the abdominal movement, it makes easier to pass the stools. It helps to improve the human digestive system and therefore cure constipation. Yoga corrects disorders of the pancreas, liver and cure constipation, upset stomachs, gastrointestinal problems, acidity, intestinal disorder.
What is Constipation
Constipation is a condition of the digestive system. The sufferer has hard feces that are difficult to expel. This usually happens because the colon absorbs too much water from the food. If the food moves through the gastro-intestinal tract too slowly, the colon may absorb too much water, resulting in feces that are dry and hard.
Symptoms of Constipation
Symptoms of constipation can include:
- Stomach Pain
- Infrequent bowel movements or difficulty having bowel movements.
- Swollen, hard tummy (abdomen)
- Loss of appetite
- Feeling and being sick
Causes of Constipation
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Inadequate water intake and fiber in the diet.
- Inadequate activity or exercise or immobility.
- Eating disorders & Eating large amounts of dairy products
- Depression & Stress.
- Resisting the urge to have a bowel movement, which is sometimes the result of pain from hemorrhoids.
- Overuse of laxatives (stool softeners) which, over time, weaken the bowel muscles
- Strong pain medicines and Antacid medicines containing calcium or aluminum.
Risk factors of Constipation
A risk factor is something that increases your chance of getting a disease or condition.
- Lack of physical activities
- Older age
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Insufficient fluids
- Prolonged bed rest due to surgery or an accident
- Diet that is high in fat and sugar, and low in fiber
Complications of Constipation
Sometimes constipation can lead to complications, which have their own set of symptoms. These potential complications include:
- Anal fissures
- Rectal prolapse
- Fecal impaction
Diagnosis of Constipation
Constipation affects almost everyone at one time or another. Most people do not need extensive testing because the condition usually resolves on its own. But sometimes constipation is a symptom of a more serious problem. Anyone with constipation that lasts for more than 2 weeks should see a doctor so that the source of the problem can be found. The doctor will do blood tests, abdominal x-rays, Barium enema x-rays, Flexible sigmoidscopy and examine the colon.
Precautions & Prevention of Constipation
The best way for a person to prevent this condition is to:
- Regularly practice relaxation that also relaxes the bowel
- Listen to his or her body and allow enough time to have a bowel movement
- Regular exercise improves digestion and reduces stress.
- Eat a healthy diet that includes fresh vegetables and fruits
- Drink at least six glasses of water a day
- Avoid ice cream, meat, chips, and pre-packaged frozen dinners
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and sodas, as they tend to dry out the stool
- Ignore medicines, if it causes constipation
- For Treatment of Constipation in New Delhi Gurgaon Noida Faridabad NCR or Online Treatment of Constipation Contact Us or Fill Up Form