Treatment Tai chi – ETHOS HEALTH CARE
Tai chi is an ancient Chinese tradition that, today, is practiced as a graceful form of exercise. Tai chi, also called tai chi chuan, is a noncompetitive, self-paced system of gentle physical exercise and stretching. According to some records, tai chi dates back as far as 2,500 years! It involves a series of slow, meditative body movements that were originally designed for self-defense and to promote inner peace.
The benefits of tai chi
The benefits of tai chi include:
- Decreased stress and anxiety
- Increased aerobic capacity
- Increased flexibility, balance and agility
- Increased muscle strength and definition
- Increased energy and stamina
- Enhance quality of sleep
- Enhance the immune system
- Lower cholesterol levels and blood pressure
- Improve symptoms of congestive heart failure
- Improve overall well-being in older adults
You can find tai chi classes in many communities today. To find a class near you, contact local fitness centers, health clubs and senior centers. A tai chi instructor can teach you specific positions and how to regulate your breathing. An instructor can also teach you how to practice tai chi safely, especially if you have injuries, chronic conditions, or balance or coordination problems. Although tai chi is slow and gentle, with virtually no negative side effects, it’s possible to get injured if you don’t know how to do tai chi properly.