Acupuncture for pregnancy support
Acupuncture for pregnancy support – ETHOS HEALTH CARE
Acupuncture has been used for thousands of years to help patients support a healthy pregnancy and uncomplicated delivery. Regular acupuncture during pregnancy sets the foundation for a healthy mother and baby. These are just a handful of ways that your acupuncturist can help you get through the 9 months of pregnancy with ease. The following conditions associated with pregnancy can be safely alleviated by acupuncture:
- Acupuncture helps to ease nausea, vomiting, morning sickness, and heartburn. It can help you soothe your digestive system so that food can get where it needs to go.
- Acupuncture relieves psychological issues like stress, worry, anxiety and tension. Acupuncture may increase blood flow, lower the level of inflammation in the body, and give your immune system a boost.
- Acupuncture combined with massage, at regular intervals, will optimise your fuel production and your sleep to maintain you in the best shape throughout your pregnancy.
- Acupuncture can relieve pain and discomfort naturally and without medications. The common conditions that arise during pregnancy are constipation, back pain, leg cramping, insomnia, varicose veins, and hemorrhoids etc.
- Acupuncture may help resolve a breech presentation. In a small percentage of pregnancies, the baby turns into the breech, or upright, position. Acupuncture can successfully turn the baby back into cephalic (head-down) position.
- Acupuncture can help induce labor and can help smooth the labor process. There are specific acupuncture points that can help to bring on labor or assist in the process of birthing. These points can even be massaged during labor to help aid in pain relief.
- Acupuncture lessens pre- and post-partum depression. Acupuncture can alleviate this depression so that women can take care of themselves and their new baby. Depression, if left untreated, can pose risks to both mother and baby.
Acupuncture is a system of medicine that works to bring balance to the entire system there is an overall improvement on the physical, mental and emotional level. Pregnant women seeking to use acupuncture to treat conditions developed during pregnancy should be sure to visit a licensed and experienced acupuncturist. An acupuncturist experienced in treating pregnant women would be more likely to recognize this problem and refer the patient back to her obstetrician.