- Treatment of Hay fever
- Homeopathic Treatment of Hay fever
- Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Hay fever
- Psychotherapy Treatment of Hay fever
- Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Hay fever
- Surgical Treatment of Hay fever
- Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Hay fever
- Other Treatment of Hay fever
- What is Hay fever
- Symptoms of Hay fever
- Causes of Hay fever
- Risk factors of Hay fever
- Complications of Hay fever
- Lab Investigations and Diagnosis of Hay fever
- Precautions & Prevention of Hay fever
Treatment of Hay fever
Homeopathic Treatment of Hay fever
The homeopathic remedies are prepared from natural substances to precise standards and work by stimulating the body’s own healing power. It is useful for very watery eyes, when the person may feel the need to wipe or rub them constantly. Some of the remedies for hay fever are:
- Allium cepa
- Arsenicum album
- Nux vomica
Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Hay fever
Acupressure uses the gentle but firm pressure of hands, and sometimes feet. There are new bands which hold a specially shaped button on the elbow which are designed to help reduce hay fever. According to some practitioners, nasal congestion, discharge, and itching can be relieved during the first acupuncture treatment, and lasting relief from hay fever symptoms can be achieved in up to six treatments.
Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Hay fever
Conventional medicine treats hay fever with antihistamines, steroids, or desensitisation treatments. Steroids (corticosteroids) for hay fever are available as sprays, creams and tablets. They help prevent and treat the nasal inflammation, nasal itching and runny nose caused by hay fever
Surgical Treatment of Hay fever
Laser surgery is used to vaporise the mucus membranes of the nose to inhibit the symptoms of hay fever. Care has to be taken to prevent burning of the nasal tissue.
Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Hay fever
- Diet should include apples, oranges, grapes, tomatoes and nuts
- Eat dark green leafy vegetables
- Exclude cherries, peaches and melons from your hay fever diet
- Avoid white bread, white rice, white pasta, white sugar and brown sugar
Other Treatment of Hay fever
- Aloe Vera has mild anti-histamine properties. Take the juice internally diluted in water
What is Hay fever
Hay fever is an allergic reaction. Hay fever is caused by an allergic response to outdoor or indoor allergens, such as pollen, dust mites or pet dander.
Symptoms of Hay fever
- Runny nose and nasal congestion
- Trouble sleeping
- Watery, bloodshot eyes
- Itchy nose, roof of mouth or throat
- Sinus pressure and facial pain
- Decreased sense of smell or taste
Causes of Hay fever
During a process called sensitization, your immune system mistakenly identifies a harmless airborne substance as something harmful. Your immune system then starts producing antibodies to this harmless substance. The next time you come in contact with the substance, these antibodies recognize it and signal your immune system to release chemicals such as histamine into your bloodstream. These immune system chemicals cause a reaction that leads to the irritating signs and symptoms of hay fever.
Risk factors of Hay fever
- Other allergies or asthma
- Family history
- Being male
- Being exposed to cigarette smoke during your first year of life
- Living or working in an environment that constantly exposes you to allergens — such as animal dander
Complications of Hay fever
- Ear infection
- Absences from work or school
- Poor sleep
- Worsening asthma
Diagnosis of Hay fever
Your doctor will perform a physical examination and ask questions about your personal and family medical history. He may recommend one or both of the following tests:
- Skin prick test – During skin testing, small amounts of material that can trigger allergies are pricked into the skin of your arm or upper back and you’re observed for signs of an allergic reaction.
- Allergy blood test – A blood test can measure your immune system’s response to a specific allergen.
Precautions & Prevention of Hay fever
- Use a humidifier in the winter
- Sleep with the head of the bed tilted upwards
- Remove indoor plants and other sources of pollen from inside the house
- Keep doors and windows shut during heavy pollination days
- Wear wraparound sunglasses to stop pollen getting in your eyes when you are outdoors.
- Install an air purifier
- Do not smoke or let other people smoke in your house.
- Change air filters monthly in air conditioning and heating systems
- Cover your nose with a mask when cleaning the house or mowing grass
- Keep pets out of the house during the hay fever season.
For Treatment of Hay fever in New Delhi Gurgaon Noida Faridabad NCR India or Online Treatment of Hay fever Contact Us or Fill up Form