Homeopathy For Sleep Disorder
Homeopathy for Sleep Disorder : Sleep disorders are characterized by the inability to get sufficient and / or restful sleep. Sleep disorders range from insomnia, to sleep apnea, to somnambulism, to night terrors, to restless leg syndrome, to narcolepsy, and even sexomnia.
The homeopathy can be an extremely beneficial alternative for treating this disorder and avoid resorting to sleeping pills that can be addictive. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat sleeplessness, but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility of the patient. Homeopathic remedies are useful during episodes of insomnia, and may also help individuals with longer-standing sleep disorders.
Below are some homeopathic remedies for sleep disorders:
• Kali Phos – sleepless after worry, excitement or from nervous causes
• Aconite – insomnia caused by bad news or grief
• Chamomilla- For children unable to sleep, due to pain or excitement or angry.
• Arnica- useful for jetlag
• Pulsatilla – Can’t get to sleep until after midnight, then wakes up around 3 a.m.
• Ignatia- Sleeps so light that he hears everything. Dreams all night of the same subject.
• Belladonna – Sleep is extremely restless due to congestion in the head.
• Lachesis – sleep problems during menopause
• Phosphorus – Sleeplessness from excitement or anxiety.
• Valeriana – Disturbed sleep (patient only able to fall asleep towards morning) with tossing, and anxious and confused dreams
• Sepia – exhausted and depressed by overwork and mental stress.
For individualized remedy selection and treatment of sleep related problems, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person.