Discoloration of Skin
Treatment Discoloration Skin – ETHOS HEALTH CARE.
Skin discoloration is probably one of the top reasons why an individual can look much older than his or her real age. There are so many different causes of skin discoloration, ranging from cosmetic issues to more complex skin issues.
Types of skin discoloration
- Red skin
- White patches
- Yellow skin
- Dark patches
- Spider-like small blood vessels on skin
- Bluish skin
- Multicolored discoloration
Possible causes of Skin Discoloration
- Melasma – Melasma is a darkening of facial skin. It often accompanies pregnancy, and sometimes it appears in women taking birth control pills.
- Vitiligo – Vitiligois a skin disorder involving the gradual lightening of patches of skin.
- Sunburn – When the skin is exposed to the ultra violet (UV) rays of the sun, it can result in sun damage, or sunburns.
- Red Birthmarks – Several types of birthmarks cause red or wine-colored skin. They sometimes signal underlying diseases, so they should be discussed with a doctor.
- Rosacea– it begins as increased facial flushing-like a deep blush-and proceeds to permanent reddening, sometimes with prominent blood vessels and thickened, bumpy skin.
- Hormonal imbalance – If you are experiencing dark patches on the face and the skin around connecting joints, it may be due to hormonal changes in the body.
- Infections – Sometimes, that greenish, yellowish patch on your skin from a cut a few days ago is simply a result of bacterial infection. Viral infections may also cause rashes on the skin.