Fitness – ETHOS HEALTH CARE
Fitness can be defined as a general state of health and well-being or more specifically as the ability to perform aspects of sports or occupations. It also means having the energy and strength to feel as good as possible. Getting more fit, even a little bit, can improve your health. A balanced diet and exercising regularly are important for maintaining good health.
How you can make some healthy changes
- Stick to a regular time to exercise
- Walk the stairs instead of using the elevator
- Keep a daily exercise diary
- Include activities like swimming, brisk walking, jogging, and cycling. It is important to begin these activities slowly and gradually increase the intensity.
- Choose an exercise or activity that is fun. You are more likely to do exercise which you enjoy
- Choose a variety of foods from all the food groups including fruit, vegetables, whole grains, low fat milk products, and lean meats
- Limit foods that are high in fat and sodium.
- Use herbs and spices to add extra flavor to foods
Benefits of fitness
- Fitness helps you feel better and have more energy for work and leisure time
- Fitness is good for yourheart, lungs, bones, muscles, and joints
- Being fit lets you do more physical activity.
- It lets you exercise harder without as much work.
- It can help you manage yourweight.
- It helps you to sleep better
- It helps you to handle stress better, and keep your mind sharp.