Sports Performance – ETHOS HEALTH CARE
For being a successful athlete, it involves maintaining high levels of physical fitness. But according to research, sports performance has more to do with mental abilities than physical abilities. Hypnotherapy is a useful tool for sports performance, helping to improve an individual’s mental attitude and encouraging and assisting relaxation by removing anxieties and worries. Hypnotherapy or hypnosis has been used for hundreds of years in many sports including F1 racing, tennis, soccer, golf, gymnastics, baseball, cricket etc.
Hypnotherapy helps sportspeople improve their performance on three counts.
- Firstly it helps the sportsperson to relax and calm their senses even while being in the middle of a game. It will help to remove the negative thoughts and beliefs by accessing your subconscious to reprogramme the mind.
- Secondly, it helps a player focus undivided attention on the goal. if one has greater concentration one can chase the target home.
- Thirdly, it helps them in anticipating strokes and right moves before a game, through the help of visualization. It will help individuals to concentrate on positive outcomes.
Benefits of Hypnotherapy in sports performance
- It increase endurance
- It improve performance
- It remove distractions
- It overcome mental obstacles
- It increases motivation
- It removes negative thoughts before, during and after
- It increases focus and concentration on the game
- It enhances the teamwork
- It removes fear of failure
Through various methods such as auto suggestion, visualization and Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP), hypnotherapy works on a subconscious level to help a player be calm in the face of tension, and give in 100% concentration to their game without being distracted. It can also help competitive athletes in dealing with pain and injuries. Learning to dissociate from the pain can help them better cope with it and perform in spite of it. It can help you attain higher levels of performance in whatever sport you play.