Personal counseling – ETHOS HEALTH CARE.
Personal counseling is a cooperative venture between the counselor and you to help you resolve a personal problem. It can help increase self-confidence, improve relationships, solve problems, achieve educational goals, and make good decisions for emotional, intellectual, physical, and spiritual well-being.
There can be periods in everyone’s life that one needs an objective perspective and be listened in order to find different ways to cope with issues pertaining to individual, social and academic life. In these periods, you can talk about these issues in a trusting atmosphere with a counselor. Difficulties managing stress, depression, anxiety, grief and loss, identity concerns, poor self-esteem, relationship problems, and loneliness are only a few of the reasons for which people may choose to engage in the counseling process.
Personal counseling is focused on emotional, psychological, or interpersonal issues. Counselors listen carefully to your concerns and help you reach specific goals. Reaching those goals sometimes means learning new skills, changing behavioral habits, or learning to view the situation differently.
Advantages of Personal Counseling
- Having support following a crisis or trauma.
- Sharing your thoughts and feelings with a trained person.
- Developing strategies for problem solving, decision making and change.
- Increase self-confidence, assertiveness, and self-esteem
- Develop more satisfying relationships and better communication skills
- Control test anxiety or cope more effectively with stress
- Deal with problems involving alcohol or drug use
- Looking at alternative ways of behaving or thinking.
- Becoming clearer about your concerns and direction.
- Identifying and building on your strengths.