Psychotherapy at Ethos
Psychotherapy at Ethos – ETHOS HEALTH CARE.
Psychotherapy is a very specialized treatment which requires substantial amount of skill, effort and energy on part of psychotherapist. In a very short time psychotherapist has to understand the unique mental functioning of the individual patient in context with his or her circumstances of life and has to design a suitable psychotherapy treatment protocol. All this requires in-depth education, training and experience. In addition, the psychotherapist must have himself or herself grown as a human being, must have integrated personality and must have understood the dynamics of mind and dynamics of life. His treatment must be based on sound theoretical background of psychotherapy and also practical enough to be easily and effectively applicable in patients every day life.
After completing medical training from Delhi University Dr S K Sharma further obtained post graduate education in human psychology and psychotherapy. Since 1994, he has been helping people with psychoemotional complaints to regain positive mental health. His successful working on mind mechanism has resulted in sustained betterment in people’s life as they come up stronger with better mental harmony and mental abilities.
Psychotherapy is not one therapy. It is a broad term used to refer to all such non medicinal therapies which are used to help people in achieving better mental health. Commonly used psychotherapies are counseling psychotherapy, cognitive behavior psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, gestalt psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, integrative psychotherapy, play psychotherapy, family psychotherapy, narrative psychotherapy, hypnotherapy etc. There are three main aspects of psychotherapy. One is the person who is seeking help for some difficulty, second is the psychotherapist who is qualified and trained to undertake such therapy and thirdly which is the most important is the rapport, the bond or the relationship between the person and the psychotherapist. This relationship is based on trust, confidentiality and mutual regard. This provides the platform on which one can explore one’s deepest difficulties without any fear or inhibition. Psychotherapist then uses his or her skills to explore solutions and develop better coping skills towards a positive mental health and efficiency.
Conditions successfully managed by Dr S K Sharma using psychotherapy:
- Addictions and Alcoholism
- Anger and violence
- Behavioral problems
- Depression and Bipolar disorder
- Eating disorders
- Failures and disappointments in life
- Fear and Phobias
- Low self esteem and self confidence
- Marital or Family discords
- Obsessive compulsive disorder OCD
- Personality disorders
- Post traumatic stress disorder PTSD
- Problems from sexual abuse
- Relationship and Emotional crises
- Sexual disorders
- Sleep disorders
- Suicidal tendency
Dr S K Sharma helps you to :
- Control and correct involuntary thoughts, feelings and behavior
- Break old and ineffective habitual patterns of thinking and behavior
- Discover creative and effective ways of thinking and behavior
- Find new ways to cope and better coping skills to solve problem
- Unload emotional burden and get “unstuck” from past
- Heal old psychological wounds
- Improve communication skills
- Improve your self esteem self confidence
- Increase your ability to love yourself and love others
You may visit Ethos or opt for phone / online psychotherapy. Contact Us for details.