Homeopathy for Pregnancy, Child Birth & Puerperium
Homeopathy for Pregnancy, Child Birth & Puerperium – ETHOS HEALTH CARE
Pregnancy is a very important milestone in a woman’s life where she undergoes various physiological and psychological changes which may cause nausea, mild urinary problems, diarrhoea, constipation, heartburn, anaemia, varicose veins, backache, cramps, thrush or emotional distress
During pregnancy the body has lots of adjustments to make, metabolism steps up in order to support the developing baby as well as your own body, causing fatigue and feeling a need to sleep more than usual. During initial weeks after conception, your body begins to produce more blood to carry nutrients to the fetus. Your heart increases its work to accommodate this increased blood flow. The hormone progesterone which is required in high levels during pregnancy has a sedating effect.
There are homeopathic remedies that can help a woman’s body deal with various stresses, and help to maintain its balance as the pregnancy proceeds. Homeopathic remedies are perfectly safe to use during pregnancy, in breast-feeding mums and for children because the ingredients in homeopathic medicines, mainly plants and minerals, are highly diluted.
Some of the homeopathic remedies for pregnancy and childbirth are:
- Arnica Montana – useful for soreness after labor and delivery, and for hemorrhoids that may follow childbirth
- Calcarea phosphoric – help to strengthen a woman who tends toward easy tiredness, poor digestion, cold hands and feet, and poor absorption of nutrients.
- Carbo vegetabilis – helpful to a woman who feels weak and faint during pregnancy, with poor circulation,
- Colchicum – helpful for relief of horrible nausea that is worse from the sight and smell of food (especially eggs or fish).
- Kali carbonicum – useful for irregular contractions
- Pulsatilla pretensis – helpful at times of strong hormonal changes, especially for women who are moody and emotional, and crave a lot of affection and attention.
- Lacticum acidum- useful for morning sickness
- Nux vomica – useful for indigestion, heartburn, stomach pain, and constipation during pregnancy.