Family psychotherapy – ETHOS HEALTH CARE
Family therapy is a type of psychological counseling (psychotherapy) done to help family members improve communication and resolve conflicts. It is designed to address specific issues that affect the psychological health of the family, such as major life transitions or mental health conditions.
Family therapy addresses the problems people present within the context of their relationships with significant persons in their lives and their social networks. It enables family members, couples and others who care about each other to express and explore difficult thoughts and emotions safely, to understand each other’s experiences and views, appreciate each other’s needs, build on strengths and make useful changes in their relationships and their lives.
Family therapy is often used to address
- Step-family issues
- Divorce or separation
- Sibling issues
- Child discipline issues
- Eating disorderof a family member
- Adoption concerns
- Multi-generational family concerns
The Benefits of Family Therapy
- It deepens family connections
- It promotes understanding and collaboration among family members
- Teaches ways to handle conflicts and changes within the family differently
- Assists in identifying conflicts and anxieties and helps the family develop strategies to resolve them.
- It also helps reduce symptoms such aseating disorders or alcohol use problems
- It enables people to talk, together or individually, often about difficult or distressing issues, in ways that respect their experiences, invite engagement and support recovery