Happiness is a mental or emotional state of well-being characterized by positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy. The emotion of happiness is not caused simply by entertaining your obstacles. Happiness is not merely a life lived by accumulating moments of pleasure. On the contrary, happiness is a long lasting enduring enjoyment of life; it is being in love with living. It is your reward for achieving a good character and personal rational values in life. Some important values are a productive career, romance, friendship and hobbies.
Benefits of happiness
- Happy people manage their money well.
- Happy people spend their money on life experiences instead of material items.
- Happiness is good for our relationships
- Happiness is good for our health
- Happy people think about the past fondly.
- Happy people live in a great community.
- Happy people are more creative and are better able to see the big picture
- Happy people “catch” the emotions of others.
Once you learn to have confidence in your own mind and once you discover the virtues that make it possible for you to achieve your values and that make your life worth living, then you will experience the result – an earned pride and a genuine self-esteem and of course happiness.