How psychotherapy helps
How psychotherapy helps? – ETHOS HEALTH CARE
Psychotherapy is a form of treatment for emotional problems. Skilled therapists such as psychologists can work with individuals to pinpoint the life circumstances that contribute to their problems, and help them understand which aspects of those problems they may be able to solve or improve.
Talking with a qualified psychotherapist can support you through difficult times and help you create change in your life.
Psychotherapy can be used to treat a wide range of mental health conditions, including:
- Anxiety disorders
- Abuse or trauma
- Borderline personality disorder (BPD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Long-term illnesses
- Relationship breakdown
- Eating disorders, such as anorexia nervosa, bulimiaand binge eating
- Drugs misuse
Psychotherapy can help you
- Understand your illness
- Define and reach wellness goals
- Overcome fears or insecurities
- Cope with stress
- Make sense of past traumatic experiences
- Separate your true personality from the mood swings caused by your illness
- Identify triggers that may worsen your symptoms
- Improve relationships with family and friends
- Establish a stable, dependable routine
- Develop a plan for coping with crises
- Understand why things bother you and what you can do about them
- End destructive habits such as drinking, using drugs, overspending or unhealthy sex.
If you have psychotherapy, you will meet your therapist regularly, usually once a week. However, in some cases, more frequent sessions may be needed.