FAQ’s Health and Homeopathy
Health and Homeopathy
What is holistic therapy or holistic medicine?
Holistic therapy is the therapy which focuses on whole human being including physical, psychological, social and spiritual aspect of health and sickness. These are based on the philosophy that to achieve a state of true health it is important to attain an order & harmony at physical, psychological, social and spiritual level along with having a positive lifestyle. These therapies believe that it is important to know what the sickness is, but it is even more important to know who is sick. This gives information about sickness causing factors. This individualization of sickness and corresponding treatment regime is the basis of holistic therapies. For hundreds of years these therapies have successfully treated diseases and given good health to people around the world.
Is homeopathy a holistic medicine?
Yes, homeopathic is one of the most effective and versatile holistic medicine. Homeopathic diagnosis includes clinical, physical, psychological, social as well as lifestyle assessment. Homeopathic treatment brings about a holistic improvement in person’s health by treating physical and psychological diseases and by improving body’s natural healing ability.
What is homeopathy ? How it works ?
Homeopathy is being studied as possible future of medicine. It is a natural, holistic healing system discovered by Dr Samuel Hahnemann of Germany. For more than 250 years it has successfully treated acute and chronic diseases and helped people all over the world to live in good health. It works on the principle of ‘like cures like’. Contrary to some other systems which suppress symptoms, it stimulates body’s inner healing ability (immune system) to fight disease and brings on natural positive health. (Please see our section on Homeopathy for details about homeopathy and its working methodology).
What are the benefits of homeopathic treatment ?
The benefits of homeopathy are :
– It works on Nature’s Laws of Health and therefore creates harmony of body and mind with nature.
– It is safe & non toxic with no side effects.
– It is non addictive and non habit forming.
– It is easy, cost effective and pleasant to take.
– It is suitable even in infants, elderly and pregnancy.
– It is effective even in severe chronic diseases and psychiatric disorders.
– It is proactive & preventive. It does not wait till disease occurs and damages the body. It prevents sickness from developing.
– It is positive. It improves the health status thereby giving vigor to live.
– It is complimentary. There is no contradiction with allopathic / conventional medicine. It can be integrated well to work in a synergistic manner.
How effective is homeopathy ?
Homeopathy has proved its effectiveness in acute and chronic diseases, from common cold to early stages of cancer, in clinics around the world. According to various polls conducted, 75 to about 90 % people from various countries have shown satisfaction with their homeopathic treatment for ailments including arthritis, asthma, hypertension, anxiety, psoriasis IBS, PMS, sleeplessness, migraine etc. Many clinical studies have confirmed that in addition to treatment of sickness, homeopathy improves overall health and can prevent sickness. It works well both as complimentary treatment to conventional medicine and as frontline (primary) treatment.
Is homeopathy different from conventional medicine ?
Yes homeopathy differs from conventional medicine in a number of ways.
– Homeopathy is holistic. It takes clinical, physical, psychological and life span and lifestyle assessment into consideration for selecting appropriate medicine.
– Homeopathy treats a sickness by stimulating body’s natural healing ability (immunity).
– There are no routine medicines in homeopathy. Its treatment is individualistic which is decided by a doctor after thorough assessment of patients clinical, physical, psychological, and lifestyle status.
Is homeopathy a scientific system ?
Homeopathy is a scientific healing system which is very well proved in lab and clinical studies. (Please our section on Homeopathy for details). Practice of homeopathy is equivalent to practice of conventional medicine. It is as recognized as allopathy / conventional medicine. It is taught in government recognized medical colleges & hospitals as a university level course. Doctor’s from these medical colleges are licensed to practice homeopathy legally and are registered in government recognized medical council.
Who can benefit from homeopathy?
– Those who are suffering from acute or chronic disease. It treats both physical and psychological diseases.
– Those who are not finding relief in conventional medicine. It works well along with conventional system of medicine by improving overall relief and reducing side effects.
– Those who wish to avoid surgery like in nasal polyp, recurrent tonsillitis, ovarian cyst, uterine fibroids, prostate hypertrophy, kidney / gall stones, piles, warts, fistula in ano, varicose veins, gastric ulcer, vocal nodule, fibroadenoma breast etc.
– Those who wish to improve health status and move towards positive state of health with better immunity and vigor.
– It successfully treats the psychosomatic complaints (sickness with psychological cause). For example stress induced asthma / hypertension.
– Those who wish to prevent occurrence of physical or psychological diseases.
Are all diseases curable?
Homeopathy treats at three levels. Level one is the First Aid where it treats cuts, bruises, sprains, burns etc. Level two is the treatment of acute conditions like common cold and cough, acute fever, acute diarrhea etc. Level three is the treatment of chronic conditions. Treatment of chronic conditions (which is constitutional) depends on stage and state of disease. Homeopathy cures the curable conditions. In conditions which are beyond the scope of cure because of much pathological damage, it relieves the suffering and slows down the progress of disease. In such conditions homeopathy is a good long term management therapy. We do not claim ‘curability’ of all diseases. We stress good management and the judicious use of therapy & medicines according to the status of sick and sickness which will give the best possible relief including cure.
What do you mean by constitutional treatment ?
Constitution is the complete organization of a human being comprising of psychological and physical system and including body organs and body functions.. Mental health affects physical health and vice versa. Even in physical conditions, disease of one organ / system can affect other parts of the body. Body has a natural healing mechanism which try to correct diseases and disorders by which it is affecting. But sometimes it is unable to do so of its own. Constitutional treatment treats disease as well as improves the health status (both physical and psychological) by stimulating this natural healing mechanism.