Homeopathy for Mental Shock and PTSD
Homeopathy for Mental Shock and PTSD – ETHOS HEALTH CARE
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is an anxiety disorder that is brought on by memories of an extremely stressful event or series of events that cause intense fear, particularly if feelings of helplessness accompanied the fear. The patient may feel de-personalized and unable to recall specific aspects of the trauma, though typically it is re-experienced through intrusions in thoughts, dreams, or flashbacks, particularly when cues of the original event are present. Posttraumatic Stress Disorder or PTSD can occur following the experience or witnessing of life-threatening events, such as military combat, natural disasters, terrorist incidents, serious accidents, or violent personal assault like rape.
Homeopathic medicines are unique in their ability to ease many of these feelings into a place where they become manageable, even though it still takes time for them to fade and heal.
Some of the homeopathic remedies are:
- Arnica – primary remedy for emotional shock. It is appropriate for chronic conditions (such as depression) that occur after a traumatic experience.
- Aconitum – if the shock is accompanied by feelings of terror and imminent threat. Aconitum is often the first remedy given for trauma, even if the trauma occurred years ago.
- Ignatia – if you feel faint or hysterical because of emotional disorders.
- Gelsemium – if the shock is accompanied by weakness, tremors, diarrhea, frequent urination, or it occurs in anticipation of an event.
- Stramonium – this remedy is for anxiety disorders that occur after a shock or traumatic experience involving violence.
- Carbo vegetabilis – if the shock is accompanied by a sensation of cold as ice and the need for fresh air.
Homeopathy works on the Principle of Individualization i.e. the medicine can vary from person to person depending upon the onset, duration, progress, location, sensation, modalities and concomitant symptoms