When to see a Fertility specialist
When a couple wants to have a baby, but cannot conceive on their own, they may require medical intervention to facilitate the process. One in seven couples will deal with infertility in their lives. That’s why it’s important to know when to see a fertility specialist and how this doctor can help you.
What Can a Fertility Specialist Do?
Fertility specialists are doctors that focus almost completely on infertility treatment. Infertility is a problem that involves both partners. Therefore, the infertility specialist evaluates both the woman and the man. A fertility specialist can be of great help for couples who are having problems conceiving a child because they diagnose and treat problems related to infertility. Fertility specialists can also evaluate people who have had cancer if there is any damage to the reproductive system which might make it more difficult or totally prevent getting pregnant. They will be able to diagnose the cause of infertility and help them out. There are many tests that are performed on both the woman and man in order to determine what the root of the issue is. Once a problem has been identified, infertility specialists have fertility drugs and surgical procedures as well as other treatments in order to assist in a successful pregnancy.
When to See a Specialist
Seeking a specialist can result in a lot of benefits. There are various factors to consider when deciding when it is the right time to see a specialist.
- If you have tried to get pregnant for over one year but did not succeed
- Women over age 35 who haven’t had success after six months
- Irregular or absent menstrual cycles
- You’ve had at least two miscarriages.
- Anyone with pre-existing conditions such as polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), endometriosis, and low sperm count
- If you are overweight or underweight
- If you suspect that you have a fertility problem
- If you’ve been diagnosed with a sexually transmitted infection (STI).
- If you are over the age of 35 and have had a miscarriage.
- If you’re difficulty conceiving runs in the family
There are many options available to you and many treatments available for any fertility problems that you may encounter. Talking to your fertility specialist and getting treatment can give you peace of mind and hopefully a baby in your future.