For Treatment of Optic neuritis in New Delhi Gurgaon Noida Faridabad NCR or Online Treatment of Optic neuritis Contact Us or Fill Up Form
- Treatment of Optic neuritis
- Homeopathic Treatment of Optic neuritis
- Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Optic neuritis
- Psychotherapy Treatment of Optic neuritis
- Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Optic neuritis
- Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Optic neuritis
- What is Optic neuritis
- Symptoms of Optic neuritis
- Causes of Optic neuritis
- Risk factors of Optic neuritis
- Complications of Optic neuritis
- Lab Investigations and Diagnosis of Optic neuritis
- Precautions & Prevention of Optic neuritis
Treatment of Optic neuritis
Homeopathic Treatment of Optic neuritis
Optic neuritis treatment is possible using homeopathic medicines. It addresses altered immune system, treating the roots of this autoimmune disease. It can be used in attacks as well as long term management. It gives good and lasting results in most cases. It is absolutely harmless, safe and non-toxic. Following are some homeopathy medicines for optic neuritis.
- Arsenic alb
- Apis M
- Merc C
Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Optic neuritis
Acupuncture is one of the most promising treatments of this condition. It can help in alleviating inflammation. Acupuncture works deep and can improve immune system to arrest and prevent damage.
Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy Treatment of Optic neuritis
Psychotherapy and hypnotherapy can help in stress and emotional discomfort. Stress can cause in precipitation of attack and progression of sickness. Psychotherapy and hypnotherapy can help in calming mind and boosting person’s sickness fighting ability both at physical and mental level.
Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Optic neuritis
There is no specific therapy. Steroid therapy is used to stop attacks. Plasma exchange therapy is also used.
Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Optic neuritis
- Avoid excessive use of salt
- More intakes of fruits and veggies.
- Vitamins and minerals
What is Optic neuritis
In this condition there is inflammation of optic nerve causing damage. This results in pain and loss of vision. Optic neuritis is highly associated with multiple sclerosis.
Symptoms of Optic neuritis
- Vision loss
- Loss of color vision
- Flashing lights
Causes of Optic neuritis
The exact cause of optic neuritis is unknown. It is believed to be due to autoimmune damage to optic nerve. Some factors that may be associated are
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neuromyelitis optica
- Infections like lyme disease, cat-scratch fever, measles, mumps and herpes
- Drugs such as ethambutol which is used to treat tuberculosis
Risk factors of Optic neuritis
- 20 to 40 years.
- Women to men a ratio of 3to1.
- More frequently seen in whites than in blacks.
- Genetic mutations.
Complications of Optic neuritis
- Optic nerve damage
- Loss of vision
Diagnosis of Optic neuritis
- Eye examination
- Pupillary light reaction test
- Visual evoked response
- MRI scan
- Blood tests
Precautions & Prevention of Optic neuritis
- Regular eye test
- Healthy diet and lifestyle
- Stress management