Love or Lust
Treatment Love Lust – ETHOS HEALTH CARE
Most people confuse lust with love; the difference is that while lust is self-serving love is unlimited and unselfish. A few ways to tell if it is lust or love is to consider what you thoughts go through your mind once you see your significant other.
Lust is the sexual feeling we find arising within ourselves when we meet a person who triggers our sexual responses. Our sexual responses were imprinted into us at an early age probably before age 20 and perhaps most importantly during adolescence.
Signs of Lust
- You’re totally focused on a person’s looks and body.
- You don’t care about anything she has to say
- You’re interested in having sex, but not in having conversations.
- You’d rather keep the relationship on a fantasy level, not discuss real feelings.
- You want to leave soon after sex rather than cuddling or breakfast the next morning.
- You are lovers, but not friends.
- Avoiding the topic of relationship
One of the most common alternatives to lust is love. It is the sacrificial placing of someone else ahead of your own needs, wants, and desires. When you can lay down your life, so to speak, for someone else, you’ll understand love.
Signs of love
- You want to spend quality time together other than sex.
- You get lost in conversations and forget about the hours passing.
- You want to honestly listen to each other’s feelings, make each other happy.
- He or she motivates you to be a better person.
- Whether you’re going out with your male friends or taking your dog for a walk, you want her there with you.
- You want to get to meet his or her family and friends.
- You experience the strange feeling that your life would be totally empty without her.
Both have their own place. It is for you to make a choice. Sex based on love satisfies and gives contentment whereas lust alone will create further desire for lust and will never get satisfied which in long run will create frustration, disappointment and an unsatisfied life. Choice is yours!!