labor Pain management
Pain in childbirth is normal. It is a universal experience for childbearing women. But it is one of the issues that worry many moms-to-be. The pain related to the birth of a child is often described as unbearable. Pain during labor is different for every woman. Some feel the cramps like what they experience during their periods, some experience severe pressure and few get cramps which come during diarrhea. If you are pregnant and growing close to your due date, then you will want to discuss your various pain management options with your doctor. For the women to have a healthy child birth, it is important to know the various ways to deal with pain during childbirth. Pain during labor is caused by:
- Contractions of the muscles of the uterus and by pressure on the cervix
- The baby’s head puts pressure on the bladder and the birth canal and vagina gets stretched
If you and your partner attend childbirth classes, you’ll learn different techniques for handling pain. There are many ways to ease and control labor pain
- During early stages of labor, a woman may find walking soothing
- Massaging certain key body points can be used to control pain.
- Deep breathing exercises can help you block and manage your pain.
- Applying ice packs or heat to your lower back van ease the pain
- Epidural and spinal blocks, for instance, temporarily block pain in the lower body.
- Pain medications like morphine are used in a variety of situations during labor
- Listening to music helps to deal with pain by distraction
- Sitting in a bathtub during labor can be quite relaxing.
- Aromatherapy can soothe the senses by using scented candles or burning oils.
- Narcotics or other medications can be used to alter pain perception.
- General anesthesia is only used during labor in rare and emergency situations.
These techniques might help you feel more relaxed and better able to handle labor pain. The information above can help you sift through the various options and choose a technique that will suit you the best to handle your labor pain.
Homeopathy – It is worldwide popular as safe natural and effective pain management remedy. There are a number of medicines for both acute and chronic pain and are used depending on the type of painful condition. It is very suitable for long term management.