Complications of Overweight
Treatment Complications Overweight – ETHOS HEALTH CARE
Being overweight or obese can have a serious impact on health. It increases your risk of many potentially serious health conditions. Overweight reduces life expectancy by an average of 3 to 10 years, depending on how severe the problem is. The more overweight you are, the more likely you are to have health problems.
Overweight Related Health Problems
- High Blood Pressure
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Sleep Apnea
- Breast cancer
- Gallbladder cancer
- Abnormal levels of blood fats
- Menstrual issues and infertility in women
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Chronic kidney disease
- Pregnancy complications, such as gestational diabetesor pre-eclampsia
If you are considered to be overweight, losing as little as 5 percent of your body weight may lower your risk for several diseases, including heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
Tips for healthy eating that may help you control your weight
- Eat lean sources of protein, such as lean meats, seafood, beans and peas, soy, nuts, and seeds.
- Make half of your plate fruits and vegetables.
- Replace unrefined grains (white bread, pasta, white rice) with whole-grain options (whole wheat bread, brown rice, oatmeal).